Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Head Painting Extraordinaire

HI! I decided to post about some of the things I have been doing in my classes recently. Painting and drawing heads and faces! So fun. But really, I have improved so much, I can see the changes that have occurred. It's all towards the 10,000 hours right? Just increasing the mileage.
I've actually been thinking about that recently, they say that practice makes perfect, but I have come to realize that its only the good practice that makes perfect. You have to come to a piece in the right mindset, the mindset that you are going to create the most amazing piece of artwork you have ever created. Then, at least for me, this makes me excited to put brush to canvas. If I am not excited about it, I will not put all the effort in me into the work. Then I really won't get anything out of the experience. If my goal in art is to constantly improve, then I need to do this every single time.
It gets kind of exhausting.
And sometimes I can't quite get it.
But it is then when I still need to put pen to paper, whether I want to or not, because it is only with experience that I learn.
Anyways, in chronological order, here are my head paintings, and a few drawings.
Can you see the repeated models? There's only a couple.











No comments:

Post a Comment